At Spark, we now offer a Dermaplaning Facial, performed by our on-site physician, Dr. Ajay Kiri. Dermaplaning is a specialized cosmetic skin treatment used to exfoliate the skin and promote the regeneration of brand new, healthy skin cells.
How does it work?
The dermaplaning procedure is performed using a medical scalpel. First, we cleanse the skin, removing the outer layer of oils from the epidermis. Then using the scalpel Dr. Kiri will begin to carefully exfoliate the skin, removing any excess dirt, oil, and debris; making sure to remove the entire outer layer of dead skin cells in the process. The dermaplaning process will also remove any micro-fiber hairs or “peachfuzz” on the skin’s outer layer.
Once the dead skin cells are removed from the surface, the skin is ready to be polished using a microdermabrasion cream as well as other chemical solutions. Without the outer film of dead skin cells and debris, creams are now free to penetrate the skin’s surface. The creams we apply will cleanse the pores and exfoliate the skin even deeper, without leaving any redness or irritations on the skin’s surface.
Benefits of Dermaplaning
Dermaplaning is a very beneficial process to a patient’s skin. We are able to manually exfoliate the skin, without damaging any capillaries or creating any surface blemishes in the process.
Some of the other benefits of dermaplaning are:
- The removal of surface wrinkles and fine lines.
- Improves the skin’s tone and texture; leaving skin smooth and supple.
- Relieves the skin of blackheads, giving the appearance of smaller, shrinking pores.
- Promotes the production of new, healthier skin cells.
- Smooths away the presence of acne and acne scarring.
- Removes unwanted facial hair, preventing it from growing back thick and unmanageable.
- Removes dark spots and hyperpigmentation across the skin’s surface.
If you’re unhappy with the tone and texture of your skin, find out if the Dermaplaning Facial at Spark Laser Medspa is right for you. Contact us to schedule your next consultation today!